6 Social Media tips from a leading Social Media Expert
Our clients are always asking for tips on social media marketing. Things like ideas on how to improve or how to set themselves apart as the thought leader in their industry.
While tips on social media marketing are fine and all. We strive to provide real value to our clients. Something more than just the same old ideas that some marketing hack regurgitated after his friend told him “I can tell you what to do”
That was why we teamed up with one of the leading social media marketing experts on the planet, Chris Kilbourn.
Chris is a marketing and growth expert. He has contributed to publications like Entrepreneur, Hubspot, Crazyegg and may more.
After a phone interview and brainstorm session. Together, we created the CK-TB social media marketing system to place you as the thought leader in your industry. The best part of the whole system is your TaskBullet Virtual Assistant can run the whole thing for as low as $6.50/hr.
*For all of you that are not taskbullet.com clients already, here are the top 6 social media marketing tips, Chris Kilbourn identified in our interview.
1. Answer these questions with respect to your social media marketing campaign
- What are your actual goals?
- What type of business do you run?
- What resources can you allocate to the campaign (money, time, brain power)
2. Identify the Social media outlets you want to use.
- we recommend sticking with the big boys like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Depending on your business, some of these outlets will work better than others.
- Chris explains that there are some instances that the smaller outlets can be advantages depending on your business.
3. Identify what tools you will be using
Outside of native tools that the social media companies provide (such as Facebook’s ad manager)
* Hootsuite– scheduling your posts and doing social listening
* Nuvi– social listening
* Adroll – retargeting for Facebook, Instagram, mobile web. Even abandon cart.
* Canva (free)
* Adobe Spark (free)
4. Early adopters get rewarded
When a social media outlet comes out with a new feature like Facebook groups and Facebook live. Use them, you will be rewarded for using a new feature they want to promote.
- Facebook groups
- Facebook live
- Image-heavy companies should use Instagram— posting images with tons of hashtags (30 max). Post the hashtags as the first comment to not look spammy. Collector’s items and art, video, photography, etc.
5. Get a Virtual Assistant to manage your campaign
It’s best to either set up your Social Media campaign on your own or pay someone that knows what they are doing to help. But once you have it set up and running the way you like. Then you should hand it off to a virtual assistant.
- Create your campaign
- Work out the bugs
- Give it to a Virtual Assistant to run so you can focus on more important stuff.
6. Start working on your reputation
Your reputation is extremely important. I’ve seen industry giants crumble from bad reviews. So start getting good reviews now and when a bad review comes it will get lost in all the good reviews.
- Industry directory’s
The full CK – TB step-by-step guide we created for your social media marketing campaign is available to members on taskbullet.com.
Already a TaskBullet client?
Click the link below to get your VA started on the CK – TB social media marketing system.
Get Started on the CK-TB social media marketing system